Sunday, June 21, 2009

Book 1 The Beginning Part 1 Section 8

8

Peter sat huddled under a tree in the hospital gardens just as was predicted; he was so lost in his little world that he didn't notice that he was no longer alone until he was brought back to reality by the sound of a snapping twig. Immediately the quiet of the garden, the very thing that had attracted him in the first place, became oppressive and made him feel unsafe. "Hello Peter," a voice said behind him and he turned slowly towards Phillip trying hard not to cower away.

"Hey...Phil...Phillip," Peter stammered as he lost the battle with his fear and backed against the tree. "What are...what are you… what do you want?"

"Oh I just want to talk," Phillip said pulling Peter to his feet by the collar of his uniform. "I want you to understand something very important, just because you've got a gorilla for a roommate doesn't mean that you can go back on our deal, do you understand?"

"Yes...yes Phil I understand...I really do," Peter said trying to break away but if he pulled too hard he would rip his collar so he dangled there helplessly.

"Good, now can you repeat the deal back to me just so I know that you haven't forgotten it was?" Phillip said looking down at the small boy.

"I give you these and you don't hurt me as much as you used to," Peter said holding out a bottle of pills which Phillip took and put in his pockets.

"That's right," Phillip said. "And what would I do if I caught you snitching huh?" he asked and Peter flinched away from him and he grinned savouring the other boy’s fear.

"You'd...you'd kill me," Peter moaned hanging limply in the grasp, Phillip had been waiting for just that and he let go letting Peter fall to the ground. Phillip grinned as he watched Peter get to his feet before he punched him in the stomach, laughing as the smaller was propelled two steps backwards and landed on his knees on a jutting tree root skinning them badly.

"I won't kill you, you're way too profitable for that" Phillip said grabbing Peter by his hair and pulling him to his feet. "If you tell anyone I'll make you wish you didn't, you thought before was bad just wait til you see what can do if I really try," he said as he walked away patting the bulge in his pocket that the pill bottle had made, he sold the pills to people outside the Academy through the gates at night and it earned him more cash then the measly stipend that the Academy provided. Peter was given his pills once every couple of days and he gave them straight to Phillip, they were strong and the blonde always found buyers, all and all a very profitable situation and now he had frightened Peter so badly he knew that the boy wouldn't go snitching to his new roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment